In MBA, two things make difference at the end: first is the institution and second is the specialisation. These are the things which will stay with you throughout your life. Most of the students in first year are confused about choosing their specialisation. The types of jobs which you will be eligible for in the future, will be determined by your specialisation. Make yourself worthy candidate by choosing the right specialisation. Read this article to know, 'How to select your area of specialisation for MBA?'
There are a number of specialisations offered by different institutions but the most popular MBA specialisations are:
- Human Resources
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- International Business
Let us look at each one of them.
- MBA in Marketing The study of management process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer is called MBA in Marketing.
There are 4 P’s of marketing:
- Product: Identification, selection and development of product
- Price: Determine price
- Place: Selection of a distribution channel
- Promotion: Develop promotional strategies
Marketing department of an organization is responsible for bringing in new businesses, increasing market share and to grow revenue of the company. Students who will opt for marketing specialisation will get insight in the areas like: market research, consumer behavior, sales management, brand management, social media marketing, retail management, digital marketing. An aspiring marketing professional needs to have a good interpersonal skills and analytical skills. There are various kind of jobs in marketing like:
- Sales Manager
- Sales Architect
- Business Analyst
- Retail Marketing Associate
- Social Media Manager
- E-mail Marketing Manager
- Social Advertising Executive
- Marketing Designer
- Marketing Analyst
- Investment Banking
- Asset Management
- Hedge Funds or Private Equity
- Portfolio Management
- Credit Risk Management
- HR Generalist
- Staffing Manager
- Technical Recruiter
- Compensation Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Employment or Placement Manager
- HR Training and Development Manager
- Organizational development and change consultant
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- IT Consultant
- IT Technical Support Officer
- Systems Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- Technical Support Specialist
- Application Analyst
- Procurement Manager
- Plant/Facility Manager
- Logistics/Distribution Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Project Manager
- Sales Operation and Production Manager
- Export Managers
- International Business Development Manager
- International Finance Manager
- International Business Consultant
- International Marketing ManagerBrand Manager
- Brand Manager
- International Logistics Manager
How To Choose Your Specialisation In MBA
Focus on following your areas while using your MBA specialisation:Choose specialisation you feel you are suitable for and holds your interest. While choosing your specialisation, focus on the following areas:
- Your Strengths: Each student has some strength. Identify your strengths and analyze the fields you are good at. Choose your specialisation based on your personality traits.
- Salary Packages: Get information about the salary packages of your MBA institution for every specialisation. But, do not let the salary be the only criteria. If salary packages are high for a particular specialisation but you are weak in that area, do not choose it as you will never enjoy your job.
- Number of Companies: Learn number of companies visiting your institution for placements in a particular specialisation. If the number of companies visiting for a particular specialisation are more, then the chances of getting jobs in that specialisation are also more.
- Subjects in specialisation: Before opting for any specialisation, deeply analyse the contents covered in each specialisation. This will help you in choosing the right specialisation and developing specific skills.
Each specialisation has its own benefits. Choose specialisation based on your interests and skills and be assured of the fact that whatever specialisation you choose will require considerable hard work to excel and succeed in job and to become successful business leader.
Also read: How To Start Business After MBA In India?
Vpm's Center for Career & Skill Development is One of Best Management College in Thane. We Provide Programs & Courses Like PGP, EPMBA, Digital Marketing, Supply Chain, Nccmp, Hospital & Healthcare Management, Travel and Tourism, Etc. Talk To Us On (91-22) 2539 1665 / 2536 4492 / +91 98335 29709 Or Email Us At email@example.com Happy To Help!
Source : shiksha.com